What is the minimum age for entry into a Warrigal Community Village?

You must be at least 55 years old and not working full time

How long is the Village Choices Register?

The waiting period will vary depending on the Village/s you have selected.

The Warrigal Village Choices Register contains details of everyone who has expressed an interest in one of Warrigal villas or apartments and who has paid a $200 refundable fee.

All potential residents on our register will be invited to view vacant villas as they become available.

Do the prices of your villas increase each year?

The costs of the villas are reviewed at regular intervals, usually annually. An independent valuer

recommends to us the value of each villa. It is our policy to ensure that they are as affordable as possible and relative to the local housing market.

How much do I have to pay?

You pay the ‘Ingoing Contribution’, which is the villa price as indicated in the price list; and depends on the accommodation you select, the village, number of bedrooms and other features of the apartment or villa.

In addition to the Ingoing Contribution, residents pay regular recurrent fees (usually called maintenance fees) that are payable fortnightly. These fees cover our costs for maintaining the common grounds, gardens and community areas. They also provide for support staff for our activities program as well as all the legal and financial costs of managing the village for you, such as Council rates, water rates and building insurance.

The fee amount differs for singles and couples and will depend on the village you choose. They are not determined by pensioner status.

All fees are reviewed in May of each year after consultation with the Village residents.

Who owns the property?

Most Warrigal villages operate under a ‘loan and licence agreement’ used by most charitable seniors’ organisations. The licence agreement grants you a right to occupy the premises for the rest of your life, but Warrigal owns the property.

For more details on ownership arrangements, please refer to the NSW Dept of Fair Trading booklet ‘Retirement Village Living: An overview of the NSW retirement village laws’.

Do I need to pay anything when I leave the apartment/villa?

Yes. You will need to pay a Departure Fee, also known as a ‘Deferred Management fee’. Your Departure Fee is not payable until you leave the villa/apartment and is simply deducted from your refund. Residents may be liable to pay recurrent charges (the fortnightly maintenance fee) for a period of 6 weeks after permanently vacating the unit.

Do you offer additional services such as help with transport, cleaning or meals?

Yes. Optional services are payable on a ‘user pays’ basis, and include services such as transport, shopping trips, outings, household cleaning, personal care and meals (not available at all villages).

More information is available by phoning our Client Services team on 1800 626 670.

Who pays for utilities and phone bills?

All charges for electricity, gas and telephone are separately metered to each apartment/villa and invoiced directly to you. You do not pay for water usage or council rates.

Do I need to get insurance?

It is recommended you take out contents insurance for your personal belongings. Warrigal covers the cost of building insurance.

How long after I accept a unit do I have to move in?

You usually have up to 3 months from the date of our offer to pay the balance of the ingoing Contribution. Under exceptional circumstances this can be negotiated.

Am I allowed to have pets?

Most Warrigal Community Villages are designed to accommodate pets, although there are some that are not suitable. Any pets that you wish to bring into a village will be assessed for suitability by our Village Services team.

Am I allowed to have visitors stay?

Yes, short stay visitors are more than welcome.

Will I have somewhere to park my car / boat / caravan?

Parking options vary from village to village. Carports and/or garages are available at most villages for an additional fee. Warrigal offers a limited amount of low cost, off-site parking for your caravan/boat.

How can I arrange a placement in aged care?

You must be approved by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for entry to Aged Care. Your doctor or local hospital can refer you to an ACAT. Once you have made an appointment, a member of your local ACAT team will visit you in your home or in hospital to make an assessment of your needs.

You can also contact ACAT directly:

Commonwealth Carelink Centre on 1800 052 222 for contact details for your local ACAT, or the Aged Care Information Line on 1800 500 853.

For more information visit the Department of Health's website: Ageing and Aged Care

How much does aged care cost?

Fees are set by the Department of Health and Ageing and will depend upon the financial status of the resident.

The daily fee is comprised of 3 possible components:

1. Basic Daily Care Fee – set by the Government

2. Extra Service fee – for the additional hotel type services provided and

3. Income Tested Fee – for part-pensioners and non-pensioners calculated on the basis of your income

Contact us

2 Pine Street, Albion Park Rail, NSW 2527
PO Box 435 Albion Park, NSW 2527
Email: warrigal@warrigal.com.au
Fax: 4257 4232

Toll free: 1800 WARRIGAL

Contact Me 

Volunteer with us

Warrigal was founded by volunteers and they continue to be vital to ensuring our residents happiness. From driving buses to regular visits, even assisting with our business operations, we have many varied opportunities for anyone who would like to donate their time, energy and skills to Warrigal’s residents.

Apply now